PhD in Sports Science, North Tehran Azad University
Physical education department- North Tehran Branch- Islamic Azad university
Physical education department- North Tehran Branch
Undoubtedly, playgrounds should be safe and secure environments for children so that children can play in them, enjoy the game and gain different experiences. Despite the above, the statistics regarding the playground environmental incidents in urban areas indicate a lack of proper attention to the safety of playgrounds. The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety of children’s playgrounds from the perspective of parents in district 3 of Tehran. The sample of the present study included 295 children from district 3 of Tehran, Iran. The data was collected by the use of standard questionnaires. Also, in order to organize, summarize and describe the data, descriptive statistics (frequency, percentage, mean and standard deviation) were implemented, and in order to test statistical assumptions and prioritization with the normally distributed data, T-Hotelling test and Friedman test were performed. It should be noted that in this study, SPSS software version 23 was used to analyze the data, also the level of reliability of the scale used in this study is 95%. The results of the t-hotelling test showed that the safety of design, the safety of the equipment and the safety of the environmental features in children's playgrounds were in good condition in Tehran's third district. The differences and priorities among these components are also identified
- Monam, M R .Design of safe urban spaces on the side of highways in Tehran, Master Thesis of Islamic Azad University.(2011).22-35.
- Dana, A., Christodoulides, E. The Effects of a Period of Selected Physical Activity on Improving Manipulative and Locomotors Skills of Children with Neuropsychological Learning Disabilities. Journal of Rehabilitation Sciences & Research, 2020; 7(1): 25-30. doi: 10.30476/jrsr.2019.81592.1006.
- Ghorbani S, Afshari M, Eckelt M, Dana A, Bund A. Associations between Physical Activity and Mental Health in Iranian Adolescents during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Accelerometer-Based Study. Children. 2021; 8(11), (p.1022).
- Sabzi, A., Dana, A., Salehian, M., Shaygan Yekta, H. The Effect of Water Treadmill Exercise on Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. International Journal of Pediatrics, (2021) 9(6), (pp. 13671-13681).
- Brighton, J. Preventing fall injuries in children. WMJ. (2005); 4(1):33-36.
- Takano T. Health and environment in the context of urbanization. Environ Health Prev Med. 2007; 12(2):51-55. Doi: 10.1007/BF02898149.
- Sadeghi Naeini, Hassan and Jafari, Hamid Reza and Salehi, Ismail and Mir Lohi, Amir Hossein. Child safety in playgrounds in urban parks Special case: local-regional parks in Tehran. Occupational Health Quarterly in Iran. (2010) 7(3), (pp. 42-32).
- Tuckel P, Milczarski W, Silverman DG. Injuries caused by falls from playground equipment in the United States. Clinical Pediatrics. 2018; 57(5):563-73. [DOI: 10.1177/0009922817732618] [PMID]
- Ramezani Nejad, R. Physical education in schools eighth edition. Tehran, Samat Publications. (2020); 45-58.
- Merrikhpour Z, Sohrabi M S. Safety Status of Children's Playground Equipment: A Case Study in Hamaedan Luna Park. Iran J Ergon. 2019; 7 (3):1-10.
- Harvy, A. Injury prevention and the attainment of child and adolescent health. BulletinWorld Health Organization (2009); 87, (pp.390-394).
- Shahrizadeh, S, Moayedfar, S. Strategic planning of a child-friendly city with emphasis on children’s creativity (Case study: Yazd city). The first conference on urban planning and architecture of Yazd University. (2017); 43-52.
- Shia, I & Sharafi, Sh. Evaluation of effective factors in the safety of recreational space for children. City Quarterly. (2017); 23(2). 34-52.
- Yoshida, T.A., Connaughton, D., Zhang, J.J., & Spengler, J.O. Perceived risk of terrorism and related risk management practices of NCAA Division IA football stadium managers. Journal of Legal Aspects of Sport, (2016); 13(2), (pp. 145–179).
- Kargar Fard & M, Naderian, M. Physical education in schools fifth edition. Tehran: Payame Noor Publications. (2019); 145-158.
- Tan NC, Ang A, Heng D, Chen J, Wong HB. Evaluation of playground injuries based on ICD, E codes, international classification of external cause of injury codes (ICECI), and abbreviated injury scale coding systems. Asia Pac J Public Health. 2007; 19(1):18-27. doi: 10.1177/10105395070190010501. PMID: 17784655.
- Vollman, D. R. Epidemiology of Playground Equipment-Related Injuries to Children I the United States, 1996-2005. Clinical Pediatrics (2009) 48(1), (pp.66-71).
- Jafari, H, Salehi, Ismail, Sadeghi Naeini, Hassan. (2015). Assessing the safety of children's playgrounds in parks by receiving environmental planning. Environmental Science, (2015); 56(6):49-67.
- Farsi, A., Khadem, AR, Zamani Sani, Seyed Hojjat; Fathi Rezaei Z. Investigation of safety status and standards of recreational spaces and parks in the fifth district of Tehran and providing appropriate solutions. Research project of Tehran Municipality, District Five. Prevention (2011); 11 ;( pp.337-339).
- Ospina, Fatma; Demirhan, Giyasettin. Comparison the critical thinking skill levels of students in Physical Education Teacher Education, Coaching, and Recreation Programs.H. U. Journals of Education, (2014) 41, (pp. 372-385).
- Sarai MH, Jamshidi, S and Taslim, S. Assessing the safety of children's playgrounds in parks (Case study: Parks in area one of Yazd city). The first national conference on geography, urban planning and sustainable development. (2013); 12-14.