Document Type : original article
1 Ph.D. Student, Department of Educational Sciences, Tabriz Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tabriz, Iran.
2 Assist. Prof., Department of Educational Sciences, Tabriz Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tabriz, Iran.
3 Assist. Prof., Department of Physical Education, Tabriz Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tabriz, Iran
Background: The purpose of this study is to provide a model of physical education curriculum for primary school children based on the biophysical field of the document of fundamental change.
Methods: This study applies the mixed method in its design. In the qualitative part, semi-structured interviews were conducted with 16 experts and specialists of the physical education curriculum through a theoretical sampling method until the theoretical saturation was reached. In the next stage, 384 physical education teachers in Tabriz were randomly selected and evaluated using a questionnaire obtained from the obtained indicators. Research tools included library study, interviews and questionnaires. In the qualitative part, the open, axial and selective coding method based on the Glaser model was used, and in the quantitative part, the structural equation method (Smart PLS software) was implemented.
Results and conclusion: The belief, socio-emotional, cognitive, biological, sports, skill-physical, informational and educational elements were identified as the basic components of the physical education curriculum of elementary school students based on the biophysical field of the fundamental transformation document. Therefore, it is recommended to use the results of this study to improve the physical education curriculum of students.
- Nazari H, Mirshah-Jafari E, Nasr AR, Marandi SM. School Physical Education Curriculum of Iran from Experts' Perspective: "What It Is and Should Be". Int J Environ Sci Edu 2017, 12(5), 971-984.
- Liușnea C. The Importance of Physical Education Classes in the Actual European Context. Annal Dunarea de Jos Uni Galati 2018, 1, 21-27.
- Dana A, Christodoulides E. The Effects of a Period of Selected Physical Activity on Improving Manipulative and Locomotors Skills of Children with Neuropsychological Learning Disabilities. J Rehabilitation Sci Res 2020, 7(1), 25-30.
- Mohammad Gholinejad P, Hojjati H, Ghorbani S. The Effect of Aerobic Exercise on Body Composition and Muscle Strength of Female Students at Elementary Schools of Ali Abad Katoul in 2018. Inter J School Heal, 2019, 6(4), 27-33.
- Mohammadi, H., Nafei, H., Baniasadi, T., Chaharbaghi, Z. (2022). Accelerometer-Based Physical Activity and Health-Related Quality of Life in Children with ADHD. International Journal of Pediatrics, Doi: 10.22038/ijp.2022.63699.4847.
- Hashemi Motlagh, S., BaniAsadi, T., Chaharbaghi, Z., Moradi, L. (2022). The Effects of Socioeconomic Status on Physical Activity in Children: Mediating Role of Motivation. International Journal of Pediatrics, Doi: 10.22038/ijp.2022.63421.4834
- Ghorbani S, Afshari M, Eckelt M, Dana A, Bund A. Associations between Physical Activity and Mental Health in Iranian Adolescents during the COVID-19 Pandemic: An Accelerometer-Based Study. Children. 2021; 8(11):1022.
- Dana A, Nodeh H, Salehian MH, Mokari Saei S, Sarvari S. Smartphone Usage Status, Sleep Pattern, Health-Related Quality of Life, and Physical Activity among Adolescents from before to during the COVID-19 Confinement: a Cross-Sectional Study. Int. J. School. Health. 2022; 9(1):1-9.
- Dana A, Khajehaflaton S, Salehian M, Sarvari S. Effects of an Intervention in Online Physical Education Classes on Motivation, Intention, and Physical Activity of Adolescents during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Int J School Health.2021; 8(3):141-149.
- Sheikh M, Bay N, Ghorbani S, Esfahaninia A. Effects of Peers on Motivation and Physical Activity Behavior of Adolescent Students: An Investigation of Trans-Contextual Model. Inter J School Heal, 2021, 8(1), 47-54.
- Salehian MH, Dana A, Neshati A, Hemayattalab A, Mokari Saei S. Association between Teaching Style in Online Physical Education with Needs Satisfaction, Motivation, Enjoyment, and Intention Physical Activity in Adolescent Students. Int J School Heal 2022, 9(2), 83-89.
- Stead R, Nevill M. The impact of physical education and sport on education outcomes: a review of literature, Institute of Youth Sport, School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences, Loughborough University, 2010.
- Bailey B. Physical Education and Sport in Schools: A Review of Benefits and Outcomes, J School Health 2006, 76(8), 397-401.
- Čučković Z A, Vrcelj S. Comparative Analysis of the National Curriculum of Physical Education in Primary Education in Europe Based on Vector Model, Uni J Edu Res 2020, 8(12A), 7330 – 7334.
- Young M. Overcoming the crisis in curriculum theory: A knowledge-based approach. IN Curriculum Stud 2013, 45(2), 101–118
- Lund J, and Tannehill D. Standards-based physical education curriculum development (3rded.). Jones & Bartlett. https://books.google.fi/books? jzeY0qikaixAVgzDFLewE40&redir_esc, 2014.
- Metzler MW, McKenzie TL, Mars HVD, Barrett-Williams SL, Ellis R. Health optimizing physical education (HOPE): A new curriculum for school programsPart 1: Establishing the need and describing the model. J Physic Edu, Rec Dance 2013, 84, 41–47.
- Belton S, et al. A new curriculum model for second-level physical education: Y-Path PE4Me. CURRICULUM STUDIES IN HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION. AHEAD-OF-PRINT, 2022, 1-22
- CDC. How much physical activity do children need? Retrieved June 1 2016 from http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/basics/children/2015.
- Sadeghi A. Characteristics and Necessities of Developing a Multicultural Curriculum in Iran: A Study of Challenges and Presenting Strategies. Cul Strategy, 2011, 17-18.
- Maliji M. Designing and validating the model of physical education curriculum in Iranian preschool. Thesis for obtaining a doctoral degree. Kharazmi University. 2017.
- Higher Education Council. Theoretical foundations of Tehran Fundamental Transformation Document Higher Council of the Ministry of Education. 2011.
- Zolghadri P, Kian M, Asgari A., Designing and validating the physical education and health curriculum model of the first year of high school with a cultural-educational approach. Rescue Plan, 2021, 18 (69), 50-77.
- Goodarzi A. Document of the fundamental transformation of education, philosophy and the status of physical education. J Physic Educ Develop 2013, 47.
- Haobo M. Physical Education Curriculum Models to Choose - To Jinhua Vocational & Technical College as an Example. Proceed Engin 2011, 23(10), 247–252.
- Hashemi M, Roonasi A, Saboonchi, R, Salehian M.H. Effect of Selected Physical Activities on Social Skills among 3-6 years old Children, 2012, Life Sci J 9 (4), 4267-4271.
- Dudley D A, Okely A D, Pearson P, Cotton W. A systematic review of the effectiveness of physical education and school sport interventions targeting physical activity, movement skills and enjoyment of physical activity. Europ Physic Edu Rev 2011, 17(3), 353–378.
- Zhang L, Cheun P. Making a Difference in PE Lessons: Using a Low Organized Games Approach to Teach Fundamental Motor Skills in China, Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2019, 16(23), 4618.
- Harzandi H, Salehian MH. Comparing the Effectiveness of the Brain Gymnastics and Spark Programs on the Gross Motor Skills of Trainable Mentally Retarded Female Students, Inter J Ped 2022, 10 (5), 16028-16046.
- Tsangaridou N. Early childhood teachers' views about teaching physical education: challenges and recommendations. Physic Educat Sport Pedag. 2017, 22(3), 283-300.