1. Holy Qur'an.
2. UNICEF/WHO Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative Revised, Updated and Expanded for Integrated Care 2009 WHO Press, World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia, 1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland www. unicef. org/nutrition /files/BFHI_2009_s3.1&2.pdf.
3. Horta BL, Bahl R, Martines JC, Victora CG: Evidence on the long-term effects of breastfeeding. Systematic reviews and meta-analysis. Geneva: World Health Organization 2007.
4. Gartner LM, Morton J, Lawrence RA, Naylor AJ, O’Hare D, Schanler RJ, Eidelman AI,American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Breastfeeding: Breastfeeding and the use of human milk. Pediatrics 2005, 115: 496-506.
5. Walker A. Breast milk as the gold standard for protective nutrients. J Pediatr. 2010; 156 (2Suppl):S3-7. Review.
6. Imani M, Mohamadi M, Rakhshani F. [Prevalence and factors associated with exclusive breastfeeding inZahedan (Persian)]. Faiz 2003; 26(7):26-33.
7. Abedzadeh M, Saberi F, Sadat Z.[Quality of nutrition and factors related to it in 4/5 month old babies of Kashan (Persian)]. Faiz 2005; 3: 59-64.
8. Jones G, Steketee RW, Black RE, Bhutta ZA, Morris SS:How many child deaths can we prevent this year? Lancet 2003, 362:65-71.
9. WHO Collaborative Study Team on the Role of Breastfeeding on the Prevention of Infant Mortality: Effect of breastfeeding on infant and child mortality due to infectious diseases in less developed countries: a pooled analysis. Lancet2000, 355(9202):451-5.
10. Scott JA, Landers MC, Hughes RM, Binns CW: Factors associated with breastfeeding at discharge and duration of breastfeeding. J Paediatr Child Health 2001, 37(3):254-61.
11. WHO: The optimal duration of exclusive breastfeeding.Geneva 2001.
12. Breastfeeding trends and updated national health objectives for exclusive breastfeeding United States, birth years 2000-2004. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2007, 56(30):760-3.
13. Innis SM: Perinatal biochemistry and physiology of longchain polyunsaturated fatty acids. J Pediatr 2003, 143(4Suppl):S1-8.
14. WHO: Report of the expert consultation on the optimal duration of exclusive breastfeeding World Health Organization; 2001.
15. American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Work Group on Breastfeeding. Breastfeeding and the use of human milk.Pediatrics. 1997; 100(6): 1035–9.
16. Kramer MS, Kakuma R. The optimal duration of exclusive breastfeeding: a systematic review. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2001 (WHO/NHD/01. 08;WHO/ FCH/01.23).
17. Golkari Hamid, Khatami Reza. Study of developmental disorders (FTT and short stature). Tehran: Ayandesazan, 1999, Pages 5-7.
18. Seddighi P, Ghafarpur M, Jazayeri A. Effect of weaning foods, infant growth and development in Eslamshahr city. Medical Journal (Journal of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences); 21 years, 1997, Pages: 14-25.
19. Razavieh V,Pourabdolahi P,Nikkhah S. Knowledge and attitudes of mothers about feeding infant with breastfeeding applied and supplementary foods. Journal of Urmia University of Medical Sciences, No. 2, Summer 2001, Pages 120-9.
20. Nakhshab M,Basiri H. Prevalence of malnutrition and its risk factors in children under 2 years of Sari 2000. Journal of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Year XII, No. 34, Spring 2002, Pages: 47-56.
21. Kusha A. Nutritional status of children under 1 year of Hospital Medicine Branch Community in 1991-1993 years. Journal of Zanjan University of Medical Sciences, No. 20, 1995, Pages: 5-10.
22. Xu F, Qiu L, Binns CW, Liu X. Breastfeeding in China: a review. Int Breastfeed J. 2009, 16:4-6.
23. United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF): Progress for Children: A Child Survival Report Card 2004 [http://www. unicef.org/ publications/ files/29652L01Eng.pd f].
24. Ssenyonga R, Muwonge R, Nankya I. Towards a better understanding of exclusive breastfeeding in the era of HIV/AIDS: a study of prevalence and factors associated with exclusive breastfeeding from birth, in Rakai,Uganda. J Trop Pediatr 2004 ;50(6):348-53.
25. Aidam BA, Pérez-Escamilla R, Lartey A, Aidam J. Factors associated with exclusive breastfeeding in Accra,Ghana. Eur J Clin Nutr 2005; 59(6): 789-96.
26. Ogbeide DO, Siddiqui S, Al Khalifa IM, Karim A. Breast feeding in a Saudi Arabian community. Profile of parents and influencing factors. Saudi Med J 2004; 25(5): 580-4.
27. The state of the world’s children. 2008, [Child survival] New York: UNICEF; 2007.
28. Santo LC, de Oliveira LD, Giugliani ER. Factors associated with low incidence of exclusive breastfeeding for the first 6 months. Birth 2007; 34(3):212-9.
29. US. Department of Health and Human Services. Chapter 16. Maternal, Infant, and Child Health. Healthy People 2010 (2nd Ed.): With Understanding and Improving Health and Objectives for Improving Health. Vol 26.Washington, DC: US. Governmental Printing Office; 2000.
30. Ryan AS, Zhou W, Acosta A. Breastfeeding continues to increase into the new millennium. Pediatrics. 2002;110(6): 1103–9.
31. The Ministry of Health IR of Iran, Breastfeeding office ttp://www.bfps.ir/ (i5emlr 45w1kdeg45tov0ysem)/Persian/Home.aspx].
32. Venancio SI, Monteiro CA. Individual and contextual determinants of exclusive breast-
feeding in S?o Paulo,Brazil: a multilevel analysis. Public Health Nutr 2006; 9(1): 40-6.
33. Mosaffa H. Survey of the knowledge and attitude of mothers during one year after delivery about breast-feeding.Journal of Guilan University of Medical Sciences 2004; 13(51): 23-31.
34. Alaie N, Faghihzadeh S. Relationship of Mother Factors with Mothers’ Attitude about Breast Feeding. Daneshvar Medicine April- May 2008; 15(74): 31-40.
35. Bertini G, Perugi S, Dani C, Pezzati M, Tronchin M, Rubaltelli FF. Maternal education and the incidence and duration of breast feeding: a prospective study J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2003; 37(4): 447-52.
36. Sweet L, Darbyshire P. Fathers and breast feeding very-low-birthweight preterm babies Midwifery 2009; 25(5):540-53.
37. Gill SL, Reifsnider E, Lucke JF. Effects of support on the initiation and duration of breastfeeding. West J Nurs Res. 2007 Oct;29 (6): 708-23.
38. Pisacane A, Continisio GI, Aldinucci M, D'Amora S, Continisio P. A controlled trial of the father's role in breastfeeding promotion. Pediatrics. 2005 Oct;116(4):e494-8.
39. Scott JA, Binns CW, Oddy WH, Graham KI. Predictors of breastfeeding duration: evidence from a cohort study. Pediatrics. 2006; 117(4): e646.
40. Ertem IO, Votto N, Leventhal JM. The timing and predictors of the early termination of breastfeeding. Pediatrics. 2001 Mar; 107(3): 543-8.
41. Mirahmadizadeh A, Zare P, Moradi F, Sayadi M, Hesami E, Moghadami M. Exclusive breast-feeding weaning pattern and its determinant factors in Fars province in 2010.. 3. 2012; 19(99):11-22.
42. Duration of Exclusive Breastfeeding in Canada: Key Statistics and Graphics (2007-2008). http://www.hcsc
. gc.ca/fnan/surveill/ nutrition/commun/prenatal/duration-dureeeng. php (Access at 4th Aug 2011)
43. Savage King, F. Helping breast fed mothers. Translated by Dehghani P. IUMS publications, Tehran. 1999.p 44.