1. Agras WS. The Oxford handbook of eating disorders: Oxford University Press; 2010.
2. Garner DM, Myerholtz, L.E. Eating disorders. In: Bellack AS, Hersen, M. , editor. Comprehensive Clinical Psychology: Elsevier Science; 2000.
3. Wiseman CV, Gray JJ, Mosimann JE, Ahrens AH. Cultural expectations of thinness in women: An update. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 1992;11(1):85-9.
4. Taylor GJ, Bagby RM, Parker JD. Disorders of affect regulation: Alexithymia in medical and psychiatric illness: Cambridge University Press; 1999.
5. Herzog DB, Keller MB, Sacks NR, Yeh CJ, Lavori PW. Psychiatric comorbidity in treatment-seeking anorexics and bulimics. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. 1992;31(5):810-8.
6. Hoek HW. Incidence, prevalence and mortality of anorexia nervosa and other eating disorders. Current opinion in psychiatry. 2006;19(4):389-94.
7. Wade TD, Bergin JL, Martin NG, Gillespie NA, Fairburn CG. A transdiagnostic approach to understanding eating disorders. The Journal of nervous and mental disease. 2006;194(7):510-7.
8. Murphy R, Nutzinger D, Paul T, Leplow B. Conditional-associative learning in eating disorders: a comparison with OCD. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology. 2004;26(2):190-9.
9. Hart TA, Flora DB, Palyo SA, Fresco DM, Holle C, Heimberg RG. Development and examination of the social appearance anxiety scale. Assessment. 2008;15(1):48-59.
10. Wonderlich SA. Personality and eating disorders. In: Brownell CGFKD, editor. Eating disorders and obesity: A comprehensive handbook New York: Press; 2002.
11. Sansone RA, Levitt JL, Sansone LA. The prevalence of personality disorders among those with eating disorders. Eating Disorders. 2004;13(1):7-21.
12. Dennis AB, Sansone RA. Treatment of patients with personality disorders. 1997.
13. Levine MP, Smolak L, Hayden H. The relation of sociocultural factors to eating attitudes and behaviors among middle school girls. The Journal of Early Adolescence. 1994;14(4):471-90.
14. Birch LL, Fisher JO. Development of eating behaviors among children and adolescents. Pediatrics. 1998;101 (Supplement 2):539-49.
15. Swanson SA, Crow SJ, Le Grange D, Swendsen J, Merikangas KR. Prevalence and correlates of eating disorders in adolescents: Results from the national comorbidity survey replication adolescent supplement. Archives of General Psychiatry. 2011;68(7):714-23.
16. Rowe R, Pickles A, Simonoff E, Bulik CM, Silberg JL. Bulimic symptoms in the Virginia Twin Study of Adolescent Behavioral Development: correlates, comorbidity, and genetics. Biological psychiatry. 2002;51(2):172-82.
17. Kaye WH, Bulik CM, Thornton L, Barbarich N, Masters K, Group PFC. Comorbidity of anxiety disorders with anorexia and bulimia nervosa. American Journal of Psychiatry. 2004;161(12):2215-21.
18. Berthoz S, Perdereau F, Godart N, Corcos M, Haviland MG. Observer-and self-rated alexithymia in eating disorder patients: Levels and correspondence among three measures. Journal of psychosomatic research. 2007;62(3):341-7.
19. Sifneos PE. Short-term psychotherapy and emotional crisis: Harvard University Press; 1972.
20. Bankier B, Aigner M, Bach M. Alexithymia in DSM-IV Disorder: Comparative Evaluation of Somatoform Disorder, Panic Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, and Depression. Psychosomatics. 2001;42(3):235-40.
21. Lundh L-G, Johnsson A, Sundqvist K, Olsson H. Alexithymia, memory of emotion, emotional awareness, and perfectionism. Emotion. 2002;2(4):361.
22. Picardi A, Toni A, Caroppo E. Stability of alexithymia and its relationships with the ‘big five’factors, temperament, character, and attachment style. Psychotherapy and psychosomatics. 2005;74(6):371-8.
23. Mattila AK, Ahola K, Honkonen T, Salminen JK, Huhtala H, Joukamaa M. Alexithymia and occupational burnout are strongly associated in working population. Journal of psychosomatic research. 2007;62(6):657-65.
24. Sriram T, Chaturvedi S, Gopinath P, Shanmugam V. Controlled study of alexithymic characteristics in patients with psychogenic pain disorder. Psychotherapy and psychosomatics. 1987;47(1):11-7.
25. Fernandez A, Sriram T, Rajkumar S, Chandrasekar A. Alexithymic characteristics in rheumatoid arthritis: a controlled study. Psychotherapy and psychosomatics. 1989;51(1):45-50.
26. Legorreta G, Bull R, Kiely M. Alexithymia and symbolic function in the obese. Psychotherapy and psychosomatics. 1988;50(2):88-94.
27. Porcelli P, Leoci C, Guerra V, Taylor GJ, Bagby RM. A longitudinal study of alexithymia and psychological distress in inflammatory bowel disease. Journal of psychosomatic research. 1996;41(6):569-73.
28. Honkalampi K, Hintikka J, Tanskanen A, Lehtonen J, Viinamäki H. Depression is strongly associated with alexithymia in the general population. Journal of psychosomatic research. 2000;48(1):99-104.
29. Zlotnick C, Shea MT, Pearlstein T, Simpson E, Costello E, Begin A. The relationship between dissociative symptoms, alexithymia, impulsivity, sexual abuse, and self-mutilation. Comprehensive psychiatry. 1996;37(1):12-6.
30. Carano A, De Berardis D, Gambi F, Di Paolo C, Campanella D, Pelusi L, et al. Alexithymia and body image in adult outpatients with binge eating disorder. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2006;39(4):332-40.
31. Quinton S, Wagner HL. Alexithymia, ambivalence over emotional expression, and eating attitudes. Personality and individual differences. 2005;38(5):1163-73.
32. Bagby RM, Parker JD, Taylor GJ. The twenty-item Toronto Alexithymia Scale—I. Item selection and cross-validation of the factor structure. Journal of psychosomatic research. 1994;38(1):23-32.
33. Besharat MA. The relations between personality dimensions and alexithymia. Contemporary Psychology. 2007;2:50-8.
34. Kooranian F, Khosravi A, Esmaeeli H. The relationship between hardiness/locus of control and burnout in nurses. The Horizon of Medical Sciences. 2008;14(1):58-66.
35. Grynberg D, Luminet O, Corneille O, Grèzes J, Berthoz S. Alexithymia in the interpersonal domain: A general deficit of empathy? Personality and individual differences. 2010;49(8):845-50.
36. Costello C, Comrey AL. Scales for measuring depression and anxiety. The Journal of Psychology. 1967;66(2):303-13.
37. Ghorbani N, Framarz AG, Watson P. Philosophy, self-knowledge, and personality in Iranian teachers and students of philosophy. The Journal of Psychology. 2005;139(1):81-95.
38. Garner DM, Olmsted MP, Bohr Y, Garfinkel PE. The eating attitudes test: psychometric features and clinical correlates. Psychological medicine. 1982;12(04):871-8.
39. Rivas T, Bersabé R, Jiménez M, Berrocal C. The eating attitudes test (EAT-26): reliability and validity in Spanish female samples. The Spanish journal of psychology. 2010;13(02):1044-56.
40. Mintz LB, O'Halloran MS, Mulholland AM, Schneider PA. Questionnaire for Eating Disorder Diagnoses: Reliability and validity of operationalizing DSM—IV criteria into a self-report format. Journal of Counseling Psychology. 1997;44(1):63.
41. Polivy J, Herman CP, McFarlane T. Effects of anxiety on eating: Does palatability moderate distress-induced overeating in dieters? Journal of Abnormal Psychology. 1994;103(3):505.
42. Wall AD, Cumella EJ. Anxiety and Eating Disorders. Anxiety. 2005;4(4).
43. Association AP. Diagnostic And Statistical Manual Of Mental Disorders DSM-IV-TR Fourth Edition (Text Revision) Author: American Psychiatr. 2000.
44. Mazure CM, Halmi KA, Sunday SR, Romano SJ, Einhorn AM. The Yale-Brown-Cornell eating disorder scale: development, use, reliability and validity. Journal of Psychiatric Research. 1994;28(5):425-45.
45. Button EJ, Chadalavada B, Palmer RL. Mortality and predictors of death in a cohort of patients presenting to an eating disorders service. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2010;43(5):387-92.
46. Goodwin RD, Fitzgibbon ML. Social anxiety as a barrier to treatment for eating disorders. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2002;32(1):103-6.
47. Le Grange D, Lock J, Agras WS, Moye A, Bryson SW, Jo B, et al. Moderators and mediators of remission in family-based treatment and adolescent focused therapy for anorexia nervosa. Behaviour research and therapy. 2012;50(2):85-92.
48. Masheb RM, Grilo CM. Emotional overeating and its associations with eating disorder psychopathology among overweight patients with binge eating disorder. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2006;39(2):141-6.
49. Godart NT, Flament MF, Curt F, Perdereau F, Lang F, Venisse JL, et al. Anxiety disorders in subjects seeking treatment for eating disorders: a DSM-IV controlled study. Psychiatry Research. 2003;117(3):245-58.
50. Pallister E, Waller G. Anxiety in the eating disorders: Understanding the overlap. Clinical Psychology Review. 2008;28(3):366-86.
51. Jacobi C, Hayward C, de Zwaan M, Kraemer HC, Agras WS. Coming to terms with risk factors for eating disorders: application of risk terminology and suggestions for a general taxonomy. Psychological bulletin. 2004;130(1):19.
52. De Berardis D, Carano A, Gambi F, Campanella D, Giannetti P, Ceci A, et al. Alexithymia and its relationships with body checking and body image in a non-clinical female sample. Eating behaviors. 2007;8(3):296-304.
53. Lawson R, Emanuelli F, Sines J, Waller G. Emotional awareness and core beliefs among women with eating disorders. European Eating Disorders Review. 2008;16(2):155-9.
54. Lawson R, Waller G, Sines J, Meyer C. Emotional awareness among eating‐disordered patients: the role of narcissistic traits. European Eating Disorders Review. 2008;16(1):44-8.
55. Speranza M, Loas G, Wallier J, Corcos M. Predictive value of alexithymia in patients with eating disorders: A 3-year prospective study. Journal of psychosomatic research. 2007;63(4):365-71.
56. Zackheim L. Alexithymia: The expanding realm of research. Journal of psychosomatic research. 2007;63(4):345-7.
57. Fenwick AS, Sullivan KA. Potential link between body dysmorphic disorder symptoms and alexithymia in an eating-disordered treatment-seeking sample. Psychiatry Research. 2011;189(2):299-304.
58. Kessler H, Schwarze M, Filipic S, Traue HC, von Wietersheim J. Alexithymia and facial emotion recognition in patients with eating disorders. International Journal of Eating Disorders. 2006;39(3):245-51.
59. Parling T, Mortazavi M, Ghaderi A. Alexithymia and emotional awareness in anorexia nervosa: time for a shift in the measurement of the concept? Eating behaviors. 2010;11(4):205-10.