- Faiza Safi 1
- Hamdi Louati 2
- Hamdi Abid 2
- Manel Hsairi 2
- Mohamed Ali Zghal 2
- Lamia Gargouri 2
- Abdelmajid Mahfoudh 2
1 1Department of Pediatric Emergency and Reanimation, Hedi Chaker Hospital, 30219 Sfax, Tunisia.
2 Department of Pediatric Emergency and Reanimation, Hedi Chaker Hospital, 30219 Sfax, Tunisia.
Ingestion of batteries by children became more frequent in recent years, due to the increasing accessibility of electronic toys and devices to children. We report a fatal evolution of battery ingestion in a 2-month-old boy.
Lithium battery ingestion is a serious condition with high risk of life-threatening complications in childhood and it can be fatal especially in extreme age, under 6 months. Urgent endoscopic removal is the best treatment to reduce the risk of morbidity and mortality.